Saturday, September 27, 2008

Life is Good

Wow...so I've pretty much been way busy lately, and haven't really had time to post. The coolest thing that's happened is that I made it into Vocal Union--it's the Vocal Jazz ensemble here, and it's AMAZING. I feel like because of this group, I finally have friends I can call to do things with. I'm finally fitting in up here. I'm really happy. Very busy, and sometimes stressed, but happy.

I'll admit though...it's weird feeling like my friends are at home having fun without me... Not that they shouldn't--I'm here having fun with out them...but...I don't know how to say it. I guess I feel like I exist in a totally different world than they do now. I miss them tons...but at that same time....I'm ok I guess. Wow I like using elipses don't I?!! haha....see ya'll round!

6 comments:

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean. I'm sure you don't mean it negatively though about no one else growing up, but I think the kind of thought you were getting at was more of the idea that there's no experience to match leaving home and on your own. It really does make you mature in a way that I think is close to impossible if not just plain impossible to do at home. It's similar to going on a mission, but slightly different. I would definately say a good experience all around though, except the feeling of missing family and friends and feeling like you've left your whole world behind. But the good thing is that a whole nother (I don't think that's actually a word) world opens up to you, and you discover that you can have BOTH! just not immediately around you all the time. I think this comment is longer than most of my own posts. Maybe I should have just done that... Oh well :)

Juje said...

I totally just stumbled on your blog today. It's funny how that happens though (the whole friend thing).

Kyle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill and Emily Grant said...

I'm glad you are having a fun time up there! Katie and I have talked a few times about how fun it would be to make it up your way to hear a performance!!! Let us know when they are and maybe there is a chance we could actually make it up there! It makes me miss EAC! Keep it up!