Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Decade!!! And Welcome to Life.

2010.
This will be the fourth decade that I have been alive for. This is the decade wherein I start my life as an adult. What I do in this decade will determine what I'll be for the rest of my life. It's rather frightening for me to contemplate on that. This is the decade where I start a career, COMPLETELY move out on my own....possibly choose an eternal companion, buy my own car...start worrying about troublesome things like insurance and electric bills. This is the decade where I have to stop saying "when I grow up I want to be..." and now I get to just "BE."

What DO I want to be? WHO do I want to be? (Side note...I can hear my family playing Rock Band in the basement right now, and my mom is one solid rocker. Haha....)

I feel like those two questions should have been the catalyst for a bunch of new year/decade resolutions....but honestly I'm feeling more baffled at my future than motivated to plan and predict how my life will turn out. I feel like I'm at a crucial stage in my life, and yet, I'm feeling more lost and confused about what I want in my future than ever. After all of my lofty plans for this last year rather fell through, It seems that I have that Sondre Lerche song stuck in my head non-stop. "Better be prepared to be surprised....." I think that's what I've resolved to this year....
Now I just have to figure out how the heck one goes about preparing to be surprised.
Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Call Me Tucker said...

Kimber just hang tou with me mroe and you will be surprised everyday with how normal you are in comparison. yep yep yepper doo